Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Chimp Paradox


      Lots of books attract us by their looks, either by the title, or by the writer, or even by the colors that are integrated into the cover, but few are those that touch a deeper side of us, overlooking the boundaries that have been set by our shallow senses...
One of those days, I went for a book hunt, but I was not going to settle down for a novel. Lets say I was looking for a book that was going to change my life, or at least an aspect of it. I admit it, I fell for so many books at first site, but soon changed my mind once I had opened them.
By accident I seemed to have knocked one of them down, It fell open, my eyes were just stuck on a bold title that said THE GUIDING MOON, I closed the book, and found the main title that said THE CHIMP PARADOX, and a parallel title that said, the mind management programme for confidence, success and happiness, I wanted to make sure I was getting the real deal, so I read a little in it, that was a keeper, so I was not hesitant to purchase it.
Well, I read it and liked every chapter of it, the author is Dr Steve Peters, such a brilliant person, he happens to be a consultant psychiatrist who specializes in optimizing the functioning of the mind. This book is without a doubt one of my favorites, Its pages are just filled with valuable information, interesting facts , and most importantly makes sense in every meaning of the word!
Long story short, all of us have a chimp that thinks parallel to our mind, and our inner chimp can be our best friend or our worst enemy.
The chimp paradox is an incredibly powerful mind management model that can help you become aware of your thinking, so you can easily sort things out, and prevent any mess from happening. Dr Steve Peters explains the struggle that takes place within your mind and then shows how to apply this understanding to every area of your life, and hopefully you can: recognize how your mind is functioning, how to manage your emotions and thoughts, and finally how to choose the aspect you would like to see life from to become the person you would like to be.
I hope you go buy the book, and enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment